Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tower Hobbies Fun 51 Profile Fun Flyer


This my one and only (at this point) kit build of an airplane. It took a few days worth of work to get it framed up, anther couple to get it rigged out, and yet a few more days worth of covering (my first experience with covering) to get it finished. Of course, this all happened over the span of a month or so, working on it as often as I could. I can honestly say, I am very pleased with the outcome. I've put about 20 flights on it so far, but today, with no wind to speak of, was the first time I could have a little fun with it, after all it IS a "Fun Flyer". It handles pretty well in my non-experienced opinion. I honestly wouldn't know if it didn't, but other guys that have flown it, say so. ;) Even though I've only been flying for a few months, I've been able to do a few basic maneuvers with ease, rolls, loops, some inverted flight and a few lazy snaps can be done fairly well. Ok, so they are not perfect and uniform, but it still looks cool to me, and you only get better with practice right? I've worked out a few issues with the not-so-forgiving landing gear, and got it trimmed to my liking. Got the Dual Rates set up, and also programmed a few snap-roll options on my radio. I am going to start playing with different props in the future, the plane tends to fly to fast right now and its pretty obvious in the air that it wasn't designed to do that. Overall, an easy build, easy set-up, and VERY fun plane to fly. I am currently using a little O.S. FX .40 on it, it seems to provide plenty of power and is getting better after every flight as the engine gets a little looser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home