Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A few pictures of old R/C cars, trucks, and boats

Here are just a few pics of some of my more recent past R/C vehicles, these go back only a few years, but it's the only pics I have. I started in 1992 with R/C and these only go back to about 2001. I will be posting more as I find them. Enjoy ~Gabe


CARS/TRUCKS



This was a wild hair I got and decided to get into R/C drag racing. It was a Walbern Rail. All carbon fiber and billet aluminum and EXPENSIVE. $450 bucks just for the rolling chassis. I stuffed a .21 buggy motor in it and it was ballistic fast, but I quickly became bored with it as there were no tracks to run it within 300 miles of me. It went to ebay....




This is a Kinwald edition Losi buggy. Great buggy, but Im not an electric guy so it had to go..




This is a Matt Francis edition XXXt electric truck. Great running truck, but electric is not for me. If it doesn't have an engine, I don't want.... Off to ebay it went.





This was my GS Storm Pro, much better than the Ofna, but still not up to par with the Kyoshos and Mugens. I sold shortly after purchasing it to buy a Mugen MBX-5, which I cant find any pics of...




This was my first attempt at racing 1/8 scale vehicles. It was an Ofna LX pro or something... A fun car to beat around with, but not much of a race car. I sold it a purchased a GS Storm Pro.





This is the second Drake truck I had. It was loaded with all the performance goodies and I kept it throughout the rest of my racing career. Awesome truck.




This is the first of two Adam Drake edition XXXNT trucks I had. Great truck, handled flawlessly and was pretty durable. I raced it for about a year and then purchased another one. This picture actually made it into the readers rides section of "Extreme R/C magazine"- pretty cool seeing your stuff in a magazine...




This was a RTR Team Losi XXXNT that I picked from a guy, I started racing it and quickly realized that I wanted something more, so I sold it a bought the Adam Drake edition XXXN


BOATS



This was a Great little .21 size boat that I scratch built. I had a piped K&B on it and it ran really GREAT. I sold it to a friend in Belgium, wish I still had it.




This is a Herb Stewart "Full Circle" .21 boat. I had a piped O.S. max on it. It was a cool looking boat but it had some bad handling habits, so it went to Ebay...




This was a scale project that I picked up from a good friend. I had MAC.67 to put into it and it was virtually ready to go. I needed to spend some time getting everything installed and set-up, but it never happened. I traded it for a .45 tunnel hull and motor.




This is another scratch built .21 size rigger that I raced for about a year, the boat was ok, handling was a bit of an issue. I had lots of trouble with the boat spinning out, mainly due to a turn fin problem that I never got corrected.




This is a Scratch built .21 sized rigger that I intended to stuff a .45 MAC into and run it at S.A.W. (straight-away) trials. However I was impatient and ended up putting a MAC .21 in it and tried to heat race the boat. Take note of the lightening holes down the sides, this boat was built VERY light with speed in mind. It was Extremely fast with the .21, but in its first race I nailed buoy 6 and the boat exploded, almost literally, thus ending its life.... oh well




This is the second rigger I ever had, I don't have pics of the original roadrunner which was my first rigger. This is a BBY (Blew By You) .21 rigger, very nice rigger. Made by Randy Naylor of BBY, unfortunately, he doesn't make them any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home