Sunday, May 21, 2006

Ronalds New Nemesis, build up of a boat for a friend.

This is a sneak preview of a new Nemesis I am building for a friend or mine, Ronald Van Essen. I got the boat about a month ago and finally finished my other projects so I could start on this one. It is called a Nemesis and was designed, and sold by Mike Zaborowski of the former business Power Surge Racing Products LLC. Mike got a rare opportunity to take his dream job with the company Aquacraft as an R&D/Development/Professional player of toys person. As a result of accepting the job, Power Surge Racing products was sold to Aquacraft to not create a conflict of interest between the two businesses, thus ending (atleast temporarily) the production of the Nemesis and other items once sold by PSRP. Ronald had this kit still new in the box and wanted me to build it for him as his time is limited due to his profession as a Commercial Airline Pilot for KLM. My current profession of a Student/Sandwich Artist/House Husband, allowed ample time to complete such a project....

Coming soon will be the build of my Villain, (villain #2) I still have a new in the box kit that needs to be finished. Villains make for one of the best sport .21 tunnels ever in my opinion. My original villain has made a million laps around the pond and is officially in retirement after the 2006 Tunnel Championships.



This would be Mike.... This pictures describes his personality better than any words I can come up with.




Here she is, mocked up and almost complete. All of PSRP kits are very easy to build, and Mikes passion for the hobby shows in his designs. At the stage of this picture I have about 6 hours invested total. The left sponson has been sanded and is ready for sheeting, the right side still has to be done. The center section, aside from the fuel cell towers, is completed and ready for the sealing coat of epoxy before paint. ( I hope Ronald will clear the boat instead of covering up the beautiful natural wood finish with colors... :) )



Just a quick shot of the running surface of the sponsons before sheeting.




This is the 1st edition "signature series" OvalExpress racing built boat. Ronald: this is good for atleast 8 more MPH... Enjoy



This is a quick shot of both of my Nemesis'. The bottom boat is the ex race boat of Mike, I acquired it earlier in the year, and I cant wait to race it soon..... The one above is my personal boat and was built by me about a year and a half ago. I am currently revamping a few things on the boat and will be running it soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Ronald's going to love his new boat! I'm so happy my husband has joined the 21st century )

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home